We hope everyone is staying healthy and safe during these tough unprecedented times. No doubt everyone is keen to get their life back to some sort of normality as well as looking forward to some traditional golf. No doubt both these will be centred around vaccinations.
We are approaching the busy period for golf with the upcoming Club Championships in October. At this stage until such time as we get some clear direction and the governments road map materialises we will not make a decision on the 2021 Club Championships. However, it would seem highly unlikely they will start as per the Fixture Book and certainly not before golf can be played in groups of four. Please keep an eye out here over the coming month for updates.
In terms of the other events over the past few months and other upcoming events please note:
- Round 2 Mixed Foursomes – will be rescheduled to a Sunday once the exercise restrictions are eased with a date to be determined based on scheduling availability,
- Spence Wood Knockout – cancelled for 2021,
- Xmas in July – cancelled for 2021,
- Foursomes – a decision will be made on this event once the exercise restrictions are eased and will be solely based on scheduling availability,
- Medal of Medals – with the cancellation of the Monthly Medal in July, August, September and more than likely in October the Medal of Medals will be cancelled for 2021,
- Top Gun – this is due to commence 6 November and we hope the exercise restrictions are eased by then and if so will proceed as per the Fixture Book,
- Xmas Cheer – this is to take place on 5 December – and again we hope the exercise restrictions are eased by then and if so will proceed as per the Fixture Book.
We are also starting work on the 2022 Fixture Book with some good changes being made to improve some of the events we play including the Monthly Medal and the Medal of Medals whilst keeping with the successful format of the 2021 Matchplay Championships. Keep an eye out here over the coming month or so for more details.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to talk to a member of the Golf Committee.
Your Golf Committee