Nominations for the 2020 Captains Knockout are open Friday 21 February 20 and will be on the notice board inside the club. This is an individual handicap match play event open to all members. Nominations close Friday 24 April 20 with the qualifying round Saturday 25 April 20. The first round is Saturday 16 May 20 for the top 32 qualifiers. This is a main trophy event and has in the past carried a certain amount of bragging rights.
2020 CAPTAINS KNOCKOUT
Rules, Information and Dates
Please insert your name on the Club noticeboard if you are interested in nominating for the 2020 Captains Knockout (individual handicap match play) event.
Nominations open: Friday 21 February 2020
Nominations close: Friday 24 April 2020
Qualifying round (Top 32 qualify): Saturday 25 April 2020
Round 1: Saturday 16 May 2020 – (tee times from 11:12am)
Round 2: Saturday 23 May 2020 – (tee times from 11:12am)
Round 3: Saturday 30 May 2020 – (tee times from 11:12am)
Semi Finals: Saturday 13 June 2020 – (tee time at 11:12am)
Final: Saturday 20 June 2020 – (tee time at 11:12am)
Please note – all matches must be played on the specific dates and at the specified times. Only exception will be if course is unplayable in which case Advisory Committee will re-schedule matches.
Conditions of play
1. No nomination fee is applicable to this event.
2. The normal member competition fee is payable on the day and you will not be included in the event of the day. Your competition fees go towards the prizes for the winner and runners-up in the Captain’s Knockout.
3. The Top 32 players from the qualifying round will be seeded and block times assigned on the time sheet.
4. All matches will be played from the competition of the day tee markers.
5. All matches must be played on the scheduled date and time.
6. Lowest handicap golfer in the group goes to scratch and the difference of the remaining handicap (to a maximum of 18) will determine the match index for each hole. All players are to use their current handicap per round to calculate the match index.
7. Matches that finish all square after 18 holes will continue on a 1st sudden death basis from the hole until a winner is obtained.
8. The winners of each round are responsible for recording the result on the draw sheet located on the notice board. If there is no result recorded on draw sheet both players will be disqualified.
9. All disputes must be referred to the Advisory Committee in writing.
Decisions made by the Advisory Committee will be final.