- The 2021 Matchplay Championships – this has been moved away from the Club Championship time and will now be conducted in February 21. With the 1st round on 13 February 21, the semi final on 20 February 21 and the final 27 February 21. The qualifying rounds for this will be the January monthly medal on 30 January 21 and the February monthly medal on 6 February 21. To qualify you must play in both qualifying rounds. There will be a nomination form available in mid January for this event. Please see the match conditions at the end of the fixture book for full details of this event.
- Please note the January monthly medal has been moved to the last Saturday in January 21 to move it away from the holiday period and to allow it to be a qualifying round for the 2021 Matchplay Championships. This will be conducted on Saturday 30 January 21.
- We have restricted the invitational events on Saturdays to just 4 for the year – these will be on the Saturdays of 2 January 21, 16 January 21, 6 March 21 (Penrith Open) and 12 June 21 (June long weekend).
- On the first Wednesday of every quarter (March, June, September and December) the days event will be off the blue course.
- We have combined the Naggers Cup and Parent/Child Cup into 1 event called the Family Cup. This will be conducted on Sunday 20 June 21. Please see the match conditions at the end of the fixture book for full details of this event.
We have also made some changes to some of the playing conditions of some of the major events. These include:The seeded draw for the final round of the Club Championships will now be the top 4 only in A Reserve, B Grade and C Grade. It remains the top 8 for the Club Champion.
- The playoff conditions for all major events will now be a 3 hole play off on holes 16, 17 and 18 instead of an 18 hole playoff as it stands now. This includes the Club Championships, Foursomes Championship, and Mixed Foursomes Championship. In the event of a tie after the 3 playoff holes it will be on a sudden death basis from the 16th hole onwards until a result is determined.
Please refer to the 2021 Fixture Book for a detailed look at the fixtures for 2021 and full playing conditions for each event.
We trust you will welcome these changes for 2021. If you have any suggestions please feel free to talk to any member of the Golf Committee.